A Closer Look at Emerging Strategies
For most businesses, the pre-COVID-19 era was one giant race for the biggest, largest, and highest in every aspect of marketing and market share. However, the prolonged absence of in-person events and experiences, along with new digital habits of the consumers make compelling arguments for redefining and strengthening your online marketing strategies. Whether it is consuming news, making purchases, connecting socially, or indulging in self-enrichment, the coronavirus pandemic is driving unique consumer behaviors across all demographic segments.
A closer look at these changes not only reveals the true potential of content investment, e-marketing, and digital sales but also helps in maximizing the ROI of your digital spend over the next twelve months. While marketing experts all over the world are looking into the 2021 crystal ball, here’s a glimpse into some of the emerging trends that may drive your digital marketing efforts.
What’s New in Digital Marketing? Key Focus Areas to Boost your Business Connect
They say hindsight is always 20/20 and if the year 2020 has taught us anything, it is that digital marketers need to find sustainable, creative, and real-time solutions to maintain brand connect. Whether it is for existing consumers or the potential target audience, your digital tactics and strategies must aim to become more “human”, with a focus on empathy, connection, transparency, and inclusivity.
Here are key focus areas that can help you define digital marketing plans through 2021:
- Voice Search is here to stay: The increasing dependence on mobile devices and virtual assistants is slowly transforming us into a cordless society. From ‘near-me’ queries and customer support to deals or upcoming events, users are putting voice search to use for a variety of responses. Experts suggest that by 2021, half of all internet searches will be done by voice. Hence, adopting the nuances of voice search in your digital marketing efforts could be a game-changer for your business. Not only would you stand out amongst your competitors, but voice-activated content will also mean improving your brand inclusivity among the visually impaired.
- Investment in chat bots: Easy-to-program and personalize, chatbots can power your brand in a number of different ways, including providing answers, resolving complaints, running promos and contests, and offering additional content. In fact, studies indicate that businesses can reduce customer service operational costs by up to 30% by implementing virtual agents, chatbots, and other such conversational solutions. Investing in chatbots could add firepower to your website, as well as your social media presence, such as Facebook or Insta Messenger.
- Personalization of content: Given the amount of information that consumers tend to leave online, it is easily possible to:
- Collect and analyze the social media data based on demographics and interests
- Create hyper-targeted personalization of your digital marketing message, including content and timing of delivery
- Execute remarketing and retargeting efforts with surgical precision to extract maximum ROI from your advertising campaigns.
- Maximization of micro-moments: Easy access to smartphones and digital devices has shortened time spans and enhanced instant decision-making. Google classifies these instances as 4 types of micro-moments; I want to know, I want to go, I want to buy, I want to do. Capitalizing on these micro-moments involves:
- Being present on the relevant platforms where your consumers are present
- Investing in short ads and personalizing your advertising content
- Capturing the attention of your target audience within seconds and influencing/ assisting the speedy decision-making process.
- Focus on ‘no-click’ searches and image and video SEO: The race for getting your listing at ‘position number one’ of a search results page has now moved to earn ‘position zero’ or ‘featured snippet’. Going after featured snippets would mean a complete overhaul in your SEO strategies in keeping with Google’s ever-changing algorithm. Your SEO landscape will need to accommodate the growing user dependence on visual searches by incorporating photos, images, and video content in your online marketing efforts. Improving user engagement would also mean focusing on lower bounce rates, building higher retention, and increasing the time spent on-page through carefully planned Adaptive Search Engine Optimization (ASEO).
Leverage the Expertise and Experience of a Full-Service Marketing Services Company
At Expert WSI eMarketing (WSITM), we are an award-winning, full-service digital marketing company with over 25 years of experience in the digital and SEO space. We cater to the marketing requirements of a wide range of clients across industries, including medical, legal, hospitality, technology, automobile, real estate and construction, manufacturing, entertainment, fashion and beauty, and many more. Our experienced and qualified team promises deep global insights and focused localized delivery for the complete digital marketing suite of services. From brand building and online reputation management to website design, and lead and sales generation, we can help you maximize your digital marketing budget and make your business stand out from your competitors.
Whether you need a major adjustment in your marketing strategies or a minor tweak in your existing digital marketing plans, get in touch with our team of WSI experts at 713-338-3488 or contact us online.
About the Author
The WSI Digital Marketing Blog is your go-to-place to get tips, tricks and best practices on all things digital
marketing related. Check out our latest posts.
We are committed to protecting your privacy. For more info, please review our Privacy and Cookie Policies. You may unsubscribe at any time.
Don't stop the learning now!
The Importance of Video and Video Platforms for Digital Marketing
Your WSI Guide On February 14, 2005, YouTube activated its website, but the first video wasn’t uploaded until April. By November that year, YouTube was considered a success when a Nike ad was the first to reach one million views. One month later, the site was getting over 8 million views per day. YouTube wasn’t …READ MORE
E-Commerce for Product Businesses
Your WSI Guide You have a fantastic product. You know there are plenty of customers who will love it…if they buy it. How do you reach them and manage the sales process? Like starting any business, an e-commerce business requires setting it up, launching the company, and then maintaining the website or platform on an …READ MORE
How Your Local WSI Digital Marketing Consultant Can Help Prepare Your Business for “No More Cookies!”
Here’s What You Need to Know It’s official. Soon, third-party cookies will be eliminated. For many marketers and companies alike, that means a big part of your marketing and digital advertising strategy and analytics may be changing heavily. It is time to think about alternative methods for reaching your target audience. This isn’t a new …READ MORE