Start Digital Marketing on the Right Foot in 2023 – Top 7 FAQs
With the excitement and anticipation of a New Year comes the inevitable apprehension business owners experience about what challenges the year will bring. One way to be prepared is to ensure that you utilize your marketing budget to its fullest potential and support your business plan for robust growth this year. What better way to …
With the excitement and anticipation of a New Year comes the inevitable apprehension business owners experience about what challenges the year will bring. One way to be prepared is to ensure that you utilize your marketing budget to its fullest potential and support your business plan for robust growth this year. What better way to achieve this than by exploring every available digital marketing opportunity.
To begin, let’s go back to the basics for more clarity. What is digital marketing and why are businesses using it across the globe? Digital marketing has many elements moving at a furiously rapid pace. Here’s an attempt to answer the who, what and why of digital marketing and its impact on businesses across the globe.
Consider just two among several revealing statistics:
- Internet connectivity has grown at an exponential rate and has crossed 95 billion internet users worldwide.
- In the US itself, 93 percent of the population currently uses the internet in their everyday lives.
When it comes to business, this means that today, your next customer is always, just a click away!
Our professionals at Expert WSI eMarketing have over a decade of experience dealing with the ebb and flow of the digital marketing tide. We share with you a carefully compiled list of the 7 most frequently asked questions (FAQs) our team hears. If you have a question we haven’t covered here, please feel free to get in touch and we’ll be delighted to chat with you.
Get in the Know – Top 7 Digital Marketing FAQs!
1. What is Digital Marketing?
Digital Marketing or Online Marketing means applying various digital channels to market your product or service to the end customer. The main channels for digital marketing include search engines, online content channels, social media platforms, pay-per-click advertising, banner advertising, electronic newsletters, emails, text messaging services, short-form videos, and influencer marketing among others.
2. Can You Measure Digital Marketing?
Yes! One of the main benefits of digital marketing over traditional forms is that it can be quantified. Digital marketing metrics that help analyze the results of your online marketing efforts include bounce rate, average time on page, lead conversions, and content engagement (including – likes, shares, comments, and clicks on social media), among others.
3. Why Do We Need Digital Marketing?
Here are four of the main reasons why every business needs digital marketing:
- It is cost-effective: The ability to send your message to your target audience through emails, social media, and on websites, lowers your spending by a lot over traditional methods.
- It is measurable: As mentioned above, digital marketing is measurable. You can visually see and measure the number of clicks, impressions, shares, and views you get for your web pages and other digital assets.
- Wider mobile reach: With over 97 percent of American adults now owning and using their mobile device for news, social media, and other such activities, businesses can now reach them through this medium.
- Levels the field: The cost associated with digital marketing is substantially lower than traditional marketing, and its reach is much higher. Digital marketing is, therefore, the more affordable and obvious choice for smaller players in the market, allowing them to compete with their bigger counterparts.
4. Digital Marketing vs Digital Advertising – How Are They Different?
Digital marketing determines a target customer whereas digital advertising establishes a sale to that customer. Digital marketing’s main aim is to spread brand awareness about the product or service and engage with the audience. Business advertising, on the other hand, concentrates on converting the audience into customers through different advertising strategies like offering discounts to buy, or advertising a product or service to sell.
5. How to Implement and Manage Digital Marketing?
There are many ways to do digital marketing. However, we explain 5 of the main digital marketing methods below:
- Have a set goal: Understand your motive and plan accordingly. Do you want to increase your product sales, or do you want to expand your presence and brand awareness in the market?
- Use the right online platform based on your audience: If you realize that your audience is primarily younger people who spend time on digital channels like TikTok and Instagram, you can target them by creating age specific content. Then, launch it on these social media platforms and monitor engagement.
- Evaluate your digital marketing strategy and refine it regularly: If you notice that one medium isn’t delivering ideal results or getting the traction that is needed, modify your strategy. You may even decide to stop using it and concentrate your budget on the digital platform/s that meets your marketing objectives.
- Design mobile-friendly content: Mobile phones are an effective way to market your brand. Create mobile-friendly content that can be targeted through a variety of apps, news channels, social media, and search engines, to spread your reach.
- Easy accessibility to your online business: Make your digital assets highly visible and easily accessible to your target customers by:
- Keeping your landing pages relevant and concise.
- Ensuring that your calls to action are communicated effectively on every online channel.
6. What’s the Difference Between Search Engine Marketing (SEM) and Search Engine Optimization (SEO)?
SEM focuses on improving the visibility of a website through paid advertising, whereas SEO focuses on optimizing the website’s visibility through organic searches. Both these forms of publicity appear on the search channel. However, up to 4 SEM search results are usually seen above up to 10 SEO search results.
7. What Businesses Need Digital Marketing?
Any company that has an online presence and/or wants to promote its brand, product, or service to online audiences, needs digital marketing. This includes both the Business to Business (B2B) and Business to Customer (B2C) segments. Some examples:
B2B: Amazon Business, Nike (as it sells its goods via retailers and wholesalers), commercial building and utility services, among others.
B2C: Retailers like Amazon, Walmart, Macy’s, and Nordstrom among others.
Make Digital Marketing an Integral Part of Your Business
Digital marketing is a two-way channel that benefits both – the business and its customers. It has allowed big and small business players to enjoy equal opportunity to connect their brands to the most receptive people, aka potential customers. It has also helped buyers that rely on this channel with the ability to study the product, brand, or service online before deciding to buy it.
Invest in digital marketing today by partnering with experienced professionals. Get in touch with Expert WSI eMarketing and we can work with you to take your business to the next level of digital marketing.
About the Author
The WSI Digital Marketing Blog is your go-to-place to get tips, tricks and best practices on all things digital
marketing related. Check out our latest posts.
We are committed to protecting your privacy. For more info, please review our Privacy and Cookie Policies. You may unsubscribe at any time.